6.25.2009

Deals

So I went grocery shopping this morning at both Albertsons and Smiths because of the good deals that both are having. I spent a total of 165.13 but get this....it would have cost $338.95. That is over a 50% savings. Most of the things I bought were on sale and I did have about $48 in coupons. I was able to get everything I needed for my weekly menu (should last about 1 1/2 weeks) plus I got a lot of items to put in my food storage that we usually use like snacks, salad dressing, soda, and cereal. I just thought I would share this info. I spent a little time on the Savvy shoppers shopping wizard to come up with my shopping list and menu but I think it paid off.
On a side note, if it isn't too personal, how much does it cost you to feed your families? I have a family of 5 and I am trying to only spend $130 max a week on food, paper goods, diapers, etc. Do you think that is too high, too low, just about right? I am really sticking to a budget lately and I would love any suggestions. I was able to spend $165 this week because I had leftover $ from last week. I am hoping it works. Thanks to all.
I am excited to go get my co-op food on Saturday from EM. If anyone wants to catch a ride with me just let me know.

No comments: