11.30.2009

Free Bread Class!


This weekend I got together with a good friend of mine who is here visiting her in-laws for December. She lives in Kansas, and has four girls, and her husband is a big, strong, athletic, computer geek! We couldn't have more in common ;)
Anyways... she is one of the most fantastic cooks I've ever known. More specifically... she can bake like no other! I love cooking... but my baking skills are lacking. She whips out the most delicious homemade food like I can whip out mac n' cheese from a box.
*True story* on Friday... I spent three hours making cinnamon rolls... let them rise too long... and swore I'd never make them again! My neighbor is too nice to be honest, but they sucked!

My friend has some 'tricks' to making bread super fast. LESS THAN 60 MINUTES! I don't know how many of you have used or heard of lecithin? she also has some special yeast? It's nothing pricey, just knowing what to use and how to use it. Amazing! Her methods started from her mother-in-law, where it was in a Bosch... with 10 cups of flour... making 4 loaves of bread. She's tailored her recipes and methods to
1. use her food storage
2. make an amount that fits in her mixer, or a bowl
3. and use recipes of things her kids love for dinner or lunch... like awesome pizza!

So we got talking, and I asked her if she would make bread with me while she's here. I also was mentioning our little 'gathering grub' site, and the posts about bread. I've complained a number of times about not having a bread maker... she doesn't use one! She makes bread faster with her Kitchenaid! and she says it's just as easy in a bowl... no mixer needed!

I told her that some of you may want to come over and join us... so... if you want to come over on learn some economical and easy tricks to making homemade bread in less than 60 minutes. I am welcoming all! She will be at my house Saturday, December 12th from 12-2pm.
So come... watch... and eat! I told her I'd like her to show me her homemade 'stuffed crust' pizza, a braid (with chicken filling), monkey bread, and her AWESOME cinnamon rolls! You can just come to eat lunch ;)

Sherian

3 comments:

annette said...

sherian, so fun!! I want to come I'll have to see what is going on that day. w/ b-ball games and such. I 'll let you know soon.

Wilde Things said...

I'll have to check too, see if I've got going anything going on . . . my December seems so crowded all ready, but sounds like fun!

deena said...

I am so bummed. Brenna has a bball game at 1:00 or I would be there! I would love to get bread making tips!
I can't remember who posted the french bread recipe a while back, but I finally tried it today! Yum! Thank you!!!