10.08.2009

It's what we make of it!

So things have been quiet around here... for all I know I'm the only one reading and posting anymore! (Except for maybe Sally... "hi Sally!")

I wanted to give a shout out to everyone who may follow this blog.... if anyone follows. Don't get me wrong, I know better than anyone how crazy and hectic life gets. Maybe we are all just caught up in the school year, maybe we are having personal or family drama, maybe... well... maybe we just don't have the time or energy to think about food storage and coupon clipping right now.
Regardless, I wanted to challenge everyone to post or contribute in any way over the next week or two. Even something as small as a comment like... "I agree" or maybe "Thanks for the info". I think that a little encouragement can go a long way.
EVERYONE has something to share! I don't want anyone to be afraid of contributing. Or ask a question! When the blog first started, people asked questions on how to store things like flour and brown sugar. I learned a lot and got great ideas! There are no wrong ways to gather food storage or shop for food. And it doesn't even have to be food!
(I like to have all my Christmas shopping done by Halloween, and there are great deals to be had before the mad rush of the holiday shopping begins... I could always share that! But if you are my friend/neighbor... could you forget the bargain and low price of your gift when I bring it over? thanks!)
I know people have been canning... share your bottling triumphs! Inspire us with your achievements! How about some recipes using food storage? (Thanks Mel for yours!) As the days get colder, my potato pearls, rice, noodles and even wheat look more and more appealing! I actually think about making bread from October through March!
(Speaking of bread... my bread maker died :( Does anyone have a type/brand they recommend?)
So I guess I'm saying... BRING IT! Don't be shy. This blog is what we make of it. I can contribute regularly, but nobody wants to hear from me that often... I promise.

In taking on my own challenge, I will commit to what I'll call 'Thrifty Thursday's' Meaning each Thursday I will post something... anything... on my weekly food storage/money saving experiences. And since it's almost midnight... I'm counting my Co-op info for this week. The meat this month is meat I already buy and I know I can easily incorporate into my recipes. I'm excited to see what fruits and vegetables I get. (See what I mean... that was easy!)

Happy Gathering!

Sherian

(PS- If you would like to contribute and have not received an invite, please leave your email address. If you want me to post it for you... send it to gatheringgrub at hotmail dot com.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been so involved with my own food storage and couponing I have been ignoring everything else. I will post something because I want everyone else to do the same too. that is what makes this fun, to share our experiences.

Marianne and Ben said...

I really like our bread maker it is probably pricey and I can't remember how much but Ben, if you can believe it, got it from Amazon. You'd be surprised at all the kitchen gadgets he researches before buying but that is another topic I suppose. And just another FYI we got a new icecream maker and use the Ben and Jerry's recipe book :-)

Breadmaker - Zojirushi BBCC-X20
Icecream Maker- Cuisinart ICE-30BC